Lemon Essential Oil: DIY Recipes and Benefits
If you are one of those people who is seeking ways in cleansing, boosting metabolism, nourishing your skin and learning some incredible recipes but want to do it on your own, read on.
With this article, you will be able to learn all of the benefits and uses of lemon essential oil. You have to know firsthand that lemon is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from any part of the body and is widely used to stimulate lymph drainage, to rejuvenate energy, purify skin and act as a bug repellant.
One published study, the International Journal of Food Microbiology, claims lemon oil as the most powerful anti-microbial agent of all the essential oils. Likewise, in a study published in the journal Experimental Biology and Medicine, it was found out that by simple breathing in the scent of lemon essential oils, there is an imporved neurological activity that promotes the breakdown of body fat. Lemon oil is indeed one of the most “essential” oils to have on hand. It can be used as teeth whitener, laundry freshener, cellulite cream, face wash and household cleaner. The following are its other benefits:
Lemon Oil Benefits
- Cleansing and purification
- Oral health and remedy for halitosis (bad breath)
- Thirst quencher
- Remedy for abdominal colic pain
- Cough relief
- Calms stomach and relieves nausea
- Prevents malabsorption
- Improves digestion
- Nourishes the skin
- Promotes Weight loss
Lemon and lemon essential oil are also used to decrease cholesterol deposition in the blood vessels and prevent heart disease!
Photo from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/glossary/lemon
Top 10 Lemon Essential Oil Uses
- Laundry – In case you leave your laundry sitting in the washer too long, just add a few drop of lemon EO and your clothes won’t get that nasty smell.
- Teeth Whitener – Mix lemon essential oil, baking soda and coconut oil and rub on your teeth for 2 minutes and then dense as a natural teeth whitener.
- Clean Hands – Got greasy hands from working on your car or bike and regular soap isn’t doing the trick? No worries, just add a couple drops of lemon EO with your soap and get your clean hands back!
- Natural Disinfectant – Want to steer away from alcohol and bleach to disinfect your countertops and clean your moldy shower? Add 40 drops lemon oil and 20 drops tea tree oil to a 16-oz spray bottle fill with pure water (and a little bit of white vinegar) for a traditional cleaning favorite.
- Face-wash – Lemon essential oil uses for skin can can improve your complexion and leave your skin soft and supple. Lemon oil benefits skin by deeply nourishing. You can make lemon oil with baking soda and honey for a natural acne free face wash.
- Wood and Silver Polish – A lemon oil-soaked cloth will also help spruce up your tarnished silver and jewelry! Lemon oil for wood cleaning is also great.
- Goo-Be-Gone – Un-stick the sticky goo your kids leave behind with stickers and gum with lemon oil.
- Promotes Fat-Loss – Putting 2 drops of lemon oil in your water 3x daily can support metabolism and weight loss.
- Improves Mood – Diffusing lemon essential oil in the air can lift mood and fight depression.
- Immune Support – Lemon oil can support lymphatic drainage and help your overcome a cold fast, mix it with coconut oil and rub it on your neck.
Photo from http://www.naturalhealthyteam.com/top-10-health-uses-benefits-lemon-essential-oil-must-read/
The secret to lemon’s success appears to be d-limonene, a powerful cancer fighting antioxidant. Lemon aromatherapy, furthermore, affects pregnant women during bouts of nausea and vomiting. Regarding lemon oil supplementation, it was discovered that sciatic nerve damage were markedly reduced by lemon oil (geraniol) supplementation. Interesting, cellular function was also restored during the 8-week study, which suggests that regular lemon essential oil usage can help regulate our energy stores and play a role in preventing disease, cardiac dysfunction and premature aging. For food, it was discovered that by adding lemon essential oils to food it protected the food against human pathogens like E. coli and Salmonella. Which is another reason why lemon essential oil is an ideally household cleaner. Finally, lemon oil for skin health is also research and popular today. Lemon essential oil benefits for skin can include reducing acne, nourishing damaged skin and hydrating skin. Use lemon oil on the skin with baking soda or with raw honey as a natural homemade face facewash cleanser.
There you have it! The lemon essential oil truly has power beyond what we already know! Share this knowledge to anyone who needs it today!