DIY Essential Oil Air Fresheners
Essential oils have been proven to be great for reducing inflammation and congestion in clogged airways to help you breathe more easily. Having fresheners at work, at home or anywhere else can be very helpful. But imagine having an essential oil air freshener! Yes, you can make one, yourself! These fresheners are not only allergy safe, great smelling, and toxin-free, these are simple and inexpensive, too!
You will need:
- 1 ounce, weight wnsweetened, unflavored gelatin (equivalent to 4 envelopes of Knox powdered gelatin)
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt (or a splash of vodka- to deter mold growth)
- 20 drops to 30 drops essential oil
- Disposable chopsticks or skewers to stir the hot gelatin mixture in the jars
- Decorative heat-proof jars to hold the gelatin mixture
Then follow these easy steps:
1. Bring one cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over the boiling water and whisk until smooth and all the gelatin is dissolved.
3. Add the salt and the second cup of cold water and whisk. Set aside.
4. Add the desired amount of essential oil and food coloring, if using, to the jar(s).
5. Quickly pour the hot liquid gelatin over the essential oil and food coloring.
6. Stir until evenly colored.
Allow to cool, uncovered on a heat-proof surface. When it reaches room temperature, place wherever you want a lovely scent.
Photo from http://www.theburlapbag.com/2011/12/diy-room-air-freshener/
Sweet Basil and Lemon Air Freshener
* 20 drops Sweet Basil essential oil
* 8 drops Lemon essential oil
Rosemary Orange Air Freshener
* 25 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
* 5 drops Rosemary essential oil (the rosemary essential oil is mighty strong stuff—keep a light hand with this!)
Fresh Pine Scent Air Freshener
* 25 drops Fir Pine essential oil
* 3 drops Lemon essential oil
* 2 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
* 1 drop Bergamot essential oil
Pure Lavender Air Freshener
* 30 drops of Lavender essential oil
Essence of Provençe Air Freshener
* 20 drops Lavender essential oil
* 5 drops Thyme essential oil
* 2 drops Lemon essential oil
There you have it! How lovely will it be to stay not only in a fragrant home, workplace or office, but a place where you can earn respiratory benefits from! Try this one out and let us know which freshener best works for you! Of course, feel free to experiment but be cautious. Share this to anyone who needs it today!